Slack Smackdown

 



   







     Slack is an innovative platform wherein it takes the idea from what was discussed in the previous post on The Connected Educator and creates a platform which allows individuals and organizations to do exactly that, connect and collaborate. Organizations which function on Slack use the platform to tackle difficult projects and allows individuals to share bulk data, which is formed on different applications such as Google docs, Google sheets, Excel, to be all on one application which allows them to share, and "huddle"  into subject or position based groups to tackle projects and goals within their organizations.

    The reason why I chose this Application as my Smackdown topic is due to how innovative and critical it is to connect the dots. From information to the individuals who need it, and to pass and share that information, ideas and thoughts to one another, regardless of time zones. This communication platform, which is used by so many companies to communicate, allows remote work to not only survive but thrive. The ability to have a workflow builder, channels for subject matter, clips, messaging and so much more allows for constructive communication for any type of project. This Application also is beneficial for students such as myself to be able to communicate on future collaborative projects at Stockton, as well as use for hobbyists' uses such as recipe sharing, band meetup times, and any other group projects which needs more than just a group text to function. To be able to navigate through this application will get me one foot ahead while starting any future job opportunities in marketing, as well as being able to have a way to digitally "organize" myself for any future projects or endeavors.

                                               Slack Power Point slide



 

Comments

  1. Mary I think that your presentation was straightforward and relatable to all of us who will graduate in search of a job and Slack will help us work in unison better with our future colleagues. My question is that can Slack enable the opportunity for young folk to land grand opportunities outside their networking social, like can scouters recruit them based on their current projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you explained the important features of Slack. As someone who has never heard of this App, I thought it was interesting reading about something new. I like how you connected the website/app you chose to The Connected Educator text. I also liked how you explained why you chose this application to further investigate and share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary! I never heard of the Slack app before so I am really grateful you introduced it in your smack down. It sounds like a pretty amazing tool to share ideas and brainstorm on projects. I like how you used the company's own power point presentation - very cool! You did a great job pointing out the advantages this app provides. I love how you pointed out people can actually work remotely through the app. How convenient especially with the pandemic we just had to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before your presentation, I have not heard of Slack but now am educated about the app. This app seems very useful for organizing projects or assignments together. I wish I heard about this platform sooner as it could have been very useful. Being digitally organized can be challenging, but I'm sure with this app it helps guide people in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of slack before but after watching your presentation I realize how useful this app is and its exactly what we are reading about in our textbook which is cool to see an example of how well it can do for businesses especially big ones like Target. Im glad that you were able to explain it so well because I can see this being very helpful in the future for communicating between coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, like everyone else, I had never heard of slack, but after seeing your presentation, I would let people know about this and hope this app keeps them organized and for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mary, i never heard of slack before but watching your video i definitely did learn alot, this app is so useful and has some very useful and cool features seems like it is very important to have if you want to keep things in order with friends or fellow student. i never knew there was somthing that offered this much organization for work. very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, Slack is an excellent tool for the business world. When I was researching my smackdown Flock, I saw that both apps have the same model idea, which is great because it gives users more options; this is a big world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary! I have never heard of slack, your video was very informative and I learned a lot. I think I would use this for group projects and assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mary!! I have little to no background knowledge about slack, yet your presentation really opened my eyes to this app and made me wanna get involved and make an account. I had no idea major organizations such as NASA and The New York Times use slack as their main communication source!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary! I like how you mentioned Slack will help you organize future projects. I have so many communication apps, this one got left off my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, this presentation made me understand how good this app would be for communicating and collaborating with groups on projects. Either as a hobby, or in a work environment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, I needed slack when I originally went back to school. this app looks amazing for groups project (which i had a lot of my first semester back). I usually hate group project because everyone always has an excuse of communication this app is the perfect app to stop all the non communication.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I have never heard of Slack before so it was nice to learn about it through your smackdown. It is always good to find new ways to stay connected and collaborate with others, and the ability to share data from all different applications or sources in one place sounds very useful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary! I have never heard of slack before, but this sounds exciting to learn about, it makes things look extremely organized and I just think it is perfect for jobs, working together or group projects anything that has the potential of working collaboratively.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary! I have never heard of slack before but it looks really cool and interesting i think working together or group projects anything that has the potential of working collaboratively is great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good and Bad Website Example: Zara vs Asos